Necromongers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Necromongers

Necromongers Dealing the Fatal Blow since 2008!

2 posters

Dawn of War 2

Guardian99
    Guardian99
    Founding Father
    Founding Father

Dawn of War 2 Empty kwl

Post  Guardian99 Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:10 am

kwl
    Huskay
    Huskay
    Admin
    Admin

Dawn of War 2 Empty Re: Dawn of War 2

Post  Huskay Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:38 am

nice review...when i finish most of my real exams and get some cash ill go and buy the games in which you guys think are good enough =D
    Guardian99
    Guardian99
    Founding Father
    Founding Father

Dawn of War 2 Empty Dawn of War 2

Post  Guardian99 Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:29 am

Its different.... in the old games the idea was build a base build an army attack conquer, however, now you start with a hero and a sort of central point you build troops and have to capture resource production points in order to expand you production... this makes the game play far more about fighting and much less about base building there are only 4 races which compared to the old games is not great... at the moment online play is limited by servers which arent great and there are only a few maps to play on i think its about 10 in total. There are two game modes Annnihilate where you have to destroy the enemy base and victory points where you have to take and hold ground the teams ultimately have to have a very balanced group combining offence and defence with the possiblitiy of support but its not as essential there needs to be more maps and i really miss the old idea of expanding your base and attacking as you saw it all develop and come together. The game is a combination of a squad based third person RTS as it is all about using cover and giving covering fire. Ultimately its ok it needs some work on the multiplayer element really it just isnt what i expected as it is very different from the originals i'm not saying its bad but nor is it fantastic it just isnt what dawn of war used to be; i loved dawn of war 3 with the necrons and vast number of races each having a very different player experience however this only has four which i found dissapointing overall id say this game is a demo to what it should have been.... i think bloody eyes was also going to get this so he may have a different opinion.

The campaign is alot of fun as there isnt a perticular order to most parts while there are key missions there are also alot of subquests which you can do. They mostly consist of holding ground or defending something you've already taken but it isnt too bad. You are given control of a war hero and a selection of 6 different squads which you level up and use a few of each mission. You get war gear which is different armour weapons and some other fun items which will shape what your troops are designed for it is very much up too you whether you use brute force to slaughter enemies or try and use a stealthy approach each can have its benefits. overall its alot of fun and will take about 10 hours to complete depending on how you play and how many submissions you take part in but its still missing that build a base up which i enjoyed this game emphasises on the combat and does it well but the limit of the multiplayer in it is a bit of a disappointment i'd say a solid 7/10...

Sponsored content

Dawn of War 2 Empty Re: Dawn of War 2

Post  Sponsored content